Time: Friday 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Instructor: Phil Rowley
Chironomids are the number one food source for stillwater trout. However, many stillwater fly fishers shy away from imitating this critical food source. Without a doubt if you wish to experience consistent stillwater success you need to learn how to imitate chironomids! This comprehensive seminar will provide you with a wealth of information about how to fish chironomids consistently using a variety of presentation techniques. Here is a small cross section of what you will learn:
• Rod, reel and line specifics including choosing the right fly line
• Leader construction techniques and essential knots
• Understanding of the chironomid lifecycle!
• Floating line techniques, both with and without indicators
• Deep-water indicator tactics
• Sinking line techniques
• Leaders and droppers
• Casting tips
• Recognizing takes
• Fly selection
If you are tired of watching others catch fish using chironomids or want to improve your
existing chironomid skills this is one workshop you can’t afford to miss.