Pre-purchase your 2017 Intermountain Wasatch Expo tickets here.
New this year: On–the–Water classes are being offered on Thursday, April 6th by George Daniels, Phil Rowley, Heather Hodson, and Lance Egan. To register click here.
What is the Wasatch Expo?
The Wasatch Intermountain Fly Tying and Fly Fishing Expo is a gathering of fly fishers, fly tiers, fishing guides, destination outfitters, and fly fishing equipment vendors. The Expo has many purposes but includes a wide variety of educational, conservation, travel, casting competitions, and humanitarian activities.
- Educational opportunities to learn fly fishing, fly tying and advanced casting techniques from nationally recognized experts including a 2-day women’s only event.
- Over 100 fly tiers will demonstrate their tying skills showing some of their favorite patterns that catch fish.
- Youth programs where kids have to opportunity to tie flies and learn fly rod casting techniques.
- A Top Gun casting competition where nationally known casters compete for prize money.
- A casting pond for attendees to try casting new fly rods supplied by the vendors.
- The Adventure Theater features discussions hourly on fishing around the west and elsewhere in the world.
- New for 2017 will be a wide range of panels on topics such as Steelhead Fishing, Fishing the Green River, Utah’s Blue Ribbon Fisheries, the Utah Cutthroat Slam and many others.
Utah Chapters of Trout Unlimited, the Federation of Fly Fishers, and the Great Western Fly Fishing Club sponsor the Expo. Funds raised at the Expo supports conservation and humanitarian activities of the participating chapters.